Friday, January 18, 2008

Companions Along the Journey



The drive to travel hums deep inside me like a massive bee hive. Every motorcycle I see I am transfixed by, each one reminding me of the future voyage ahead. I notice my body begins to feel with tension when I think of the little money I need, yet do not have. How ironic that an able-bodied young man who wants nothing more then to work like a mule remains jobless!

And I am not lazy! I have searched, and applied, and still have found no luck. I know however that I cannot lose, that defeat is simply an impossibility. I will get the money, I will get the bike, and I will be on the road, sooner or later. If the world has deemed that i must wait, I know not to struggle against it. Man can only see so far, while the spirits see all.

So I continue searching, ever ready and willing to do any work. Today I even met a kindred nomad, longing desperately to escape this suburban morass many call Satellite Beach. When I explained to him my plans, he was ecstatic about the concept, asking if he might join me. It turns out his father did the exact same thing I am planning. Coincidence? I told him I welcomed all companions as long as he got a bike to ride as well.

He shared my condition, and I saw much of myself in him: a kid society has deemed useless and carelessly thrown to the trash, simply because he does not fit their preconceived ideas of what a life is. With his addition the tribe I have always longed for slowly takes shape, fate obviously slowly building momentum towards my exodus. Though he is uninitiated into the world of metaphysics, I know that when we are upon the road, he shall be open to the true nature of the world.

Do you long for the road as well? Email me, and please, join us. You can stay on the road with me as long as you like, and join in the adventures and illuminations that are sure to come. Who knows, perhaps you'll never go back?

No comments: